Letsrecover recovery forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Letsrecover recovery forum

This is a trigger-free recovery help forum for those recovering from restrictive eating disorders, such as anorexia, bulimia, binge-restrict, overexercise or ednos.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wieght restored! What now?!?! Please help!

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Wieght restored! What now?!?! Please help! Empty Wieght restored! What now?!?! Please help! Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:03 pm

i_will_love_my_life

I reached today a 18.5 bmi that means that I'm at a healthy weight. But my question is, what should I do now? I mean should I eat the minimums anyway? Or eat after hunger cues? I don't have my period, feel almost always cold... And if the answer is eat the minimums until when? My hunger is still not normal (I usually eat after hunger cues only 1800-2000 calories) so I don't think eating after hunger cues right now will be a good idea... What should I do?!?! I'm so so so lost... Idk what to do now! Thank you

susannsk89

susannsk89

Bmi 18.5 is too low. The risk of relapse is very big at this weight. You also should eat more than your hunger cues right now because as you say yourself: they are not functioning properly yet.

This is what you need to do: increase to 3000+ (or 2500+ if you are 25+ years old). Keep eating like this until your weight doesn't increase anymore (this is your set point weight and is where the body is most healthy). After, eat by hunger cues, which will probably lead you to 2200-2800 kcal per day. Read more about this on letsrecover.tumblr.com (see the FAQ section, it's really helpful)

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum