Letsrecover recovery forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Letsrecover recovery forum

This is a trigger-free recovery help forum for those recovering from restrictive eating disorders, such as anorexia, bulimia, binge-restrict, overexercise or ednos.

You are not connected. Please login or register

water retention while period?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1water retention while period? Empty water retention while period? Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:28 pm

jennysrecovery

hey guys Smile
I gained 1kg since I last weight me (mabe 1 week ago idk exactly) and I feel so bad about that bc I hoped that my current weight was my set point as I have been maintaining on that for like 2 weeks or so. but I'm currently on my period and some people said that most women gain while they're having their period bc of water retention as the body needs the extra water in that time. i have never heard of that before and don't know if I had that pre ed bc I just didn't care. but I just noticed that my thighs look bigger and now I wonder if that's water retention? I'm really not sure about it and idk if that's just anorexia telling me I look bigger, or if that's water retention or real body weight. what is water retention like? i've read that it's not like body fat, it's more "jiggly" but that doesn't really help me and I don't really know how my thighs are like normally. I'm just so confused right now and feel so bad Sad

2water retention while period? Empty Re: water retention while period? Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:29 pm

jennysrecovery

and I hope that's not triggering? idk :/

3water retention while period? Empty Re: water retention while period? Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:44 pm

gainmylifeback

1kg is not visible and I promise, it dorsn't make you look bigger. My therapist told me that yes, before/during/after period women can randomly gain a bit from water retention, which will be naturally released if the body is nourished properly.

I also experienced a weight gain once during my period which went away again. Don't worry ;*

4water retention while period? Empty Re: water retention while period? Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:03 pm

susannsk89

susannsk89

Water retention is very normal to have at that time of the month. It goes away afterwards

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum