Letsrecover recovery forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Letsrecover recovery forum

This is a trigger-free recovery help forum for those recovering from restrictive eating disorders, such as anorexia, bulimia, binge-restrict, overexercise or ednos.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Are 2000 calories enough?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Are 2000 calories enough?  Empty Are 2000 calories enough? Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:20 pm

i_will_love_my_life

I am in recovery since 4 months now! And since almost a week I increased to 2000 calories! I'm feeling quite good physically only sometimes I get dizzy, I'm always  cold and I don't have my period. I practice 2 times a week figure skating 1 time ballet and 1 time hip ho and I go to school for 6-7 hours. I ask this because I saw many people that eat like 2500-3500 and I think this is quite a lot and scary because jet I think I eat quite a lot but I don't know if I should make it too

Last edited by i_will_love_my_life on Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

2Are 2000 calories enough?  Empty Re: Are 2000 calories enough? Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:22 pm

jennysrecovery

No! Make sure you get atleast(!) 2500 calories! If you don't increase your body will stay in starvation mode and your mentabolism will still be fucked up //:

3Are 2000 calories enough?  Empty Re: Are 2000 calories enough? Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:53 pm

lexi_henry16

Hey there! You should definitely be eating more than 2,000 calories a day. When I started recovery, I found it hard to eat more than (TW) 1500 calories a day, even though I was desperately trying to follow MM guidelines. The reason you are feeling sick when increasing your food intake is because your stomach has shrunk in size because of your ED and needs to be stretched back to a normal size. This will take a while and be moderately uncomfortable at times, but it will all be worth it! In order to get in at LEAST 2,500 calories a day (more is always okay), here are some tips that really helped me...
1) Make a milkshake worth at least 1,000+ calories (get REAL ice cream, not frozen yogurt or "diet" ice cream).
2) Buy some scented epsom salts and take a relaxing bath with them in the water. This will help relieve some of that uncomfortable pressure in your tummy and also help reduce edema!
3) If you are a fan of tea, peppermint/ginger/fennel/licorice tea all help digestive issues.
Hope this helps! Stay strong! Very Happy cheers

4Are 2000 calories enough?  Empty Re: Are 2000 calories enough? Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:05 am

Amalie

Amalie
Admin

http://letsrecover.tumblr.com

5Are 2000 calories enough?  Empty Re: Are 2000 calories enough? Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:16 pm

i_will_love_my_life

Thank you so much! I'm trying it!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum