Letsrecover recovery forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Letsrecover recovery forum

This is a trigger-free recovery help forum for those recovering from restrictive eating disorders, such as anorexia, bulimia, binge-restrict, overexercise or ednos.

You are not connected. Please login or register

eating disorder & cravings

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1eating disorder & cravings  Empty eating disorder & cravings Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:07 pm

Rachellondon

Rachellondon

Ever since I've had an eating disorder, I've always craved peanut butter & still do (about 3 months in recovery). But PRE-ED I ate peanut butter but I could definitely go without it & not have strong cravings for it. Why is this??

2eating disorder & cravings  Empty Re: eating disorder & cravings Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:59 am

susannsk89

susannsk89

I got excessive cravings for carbohydrates and fat in general in the first stages of recovery because that's what I had restricted most. Your body is craving fat because it needs it. PB has a high fat percentage and we need fat to get our hormone production going, build cells, energy storage etc. Enjoy your peanut butter! It's very essential for your body! And when your body has gained the weight it needs to and repaired the damage, your cravings will stabilize.

3eating disorder & cravings  Empty Re: eating disorder & cravings Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:10 pm

Mea

Mea

During my ED and recovery I've been craving just about every food there is. Malnourishment, vitamin & mineral deficiencies and all that jazz made me crave even some foods I've never eaten or have always hated. Funnily enough, because of the whole process of ED & recovery, I've discovered so many new foods and started to like most foods where as before I was very picky Wink

4eating disorder & cravings  Empty Re: eating disorder & cravings Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:29 am

ultreia

It is strange...I have noticed that quite a lot of recovering ED persons go crazy about avocado, oats, bananas, PB and quest bars......

5eating disorder & cravings  Empty Re: eating disorder & cravings Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:33 am

susannsk89

susannsk89

All of those things are great, except for questbars which I can't imagine anyone is REALLY craving, but they eat it because it feels safer. Questbars are full if protein, and usually the body will crave sugar and fat during recovery, so it doesn't make sense to crave it that much. I ate it during my illness, but as soon as I started recovery, I realized they really taste like sawdust and glue.

6eating disorder & cravings  Empty Re: eating disorder & cravings Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:51 am

ultreia

I means that some of them have for breakfast and lunch the same oat mixture...Is it because they are sort of craving for sweet things...
It seem that during the recovery sweets things are mainly eaten

I do not have the sugar crave at all, nor salty crave...no food crave at all....

7eating disorder & cravings  Empty Re: eating disorder & cravings Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:07 pm

susannsk89

susannsk89

It will come soon Smile

8eating disorder & cravings  Empty Re: eating disorder & cravings Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:19 pm

susannsk89

susannsk89

I also craved oatmeal like 3-4 times a day during early recovery. It was because I had deprived myself of carbohydrates so much during restriction. What we restricted most is usually the stuff we will crave the most in recovery. It's so cool how our bodies work Smile

9eating disorder & cravings  Empty Re: eating disorder & cravings Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:01 pm

Rachellondon

Rachellondon

thanks so much guys for the explanations & shared experiences it make me feel so much better !!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum