Letsrecover recovery forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Letsrecover recovery forum

This is a trigger-free recovery help forum for those recovering from restrictive eating disorders, such as anorexia, bulimia, binge-restrict, overexercise or ednos.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Healthy blood test results?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Healthy blood test results? Empty Healthy blood test results? Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:43 pm

vacilliating

I have been struggling with an ED for two years, with periods of rather low intake (TW: about 500 calories) and am going through a worse phase right now. My mother is obviously very worried especially since I unintentionally lost some weight over the summer when I was on holiday on my own. I have recently had my bloods done (it should have been sooner but I have been avoiding it as I have a terrible fear of needles, taking blood etc and get horrible anxiety attacks before them) and the results have come back perfectly healthy! What's going on?

2Healthy blood test results? Empty Re: Healthy blood test results? Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:16 pm

susannsk89

susannsk89

Many have perfect tests even on their death beds, so you shoukd not take that as an indication of you being healthy. Choose real recovery <3

3Healthy blood test results? Empty Re: Healthy blood test results? Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:18 pm

Katewright1995

Katewright1995

susannsk89 wrote:Many have perfect tests even on their death beds, so you shoukd not take that as an indication of you being healthy. Choose real recovery <3

I agree with this I was literally on my death bed and excluding glucose my blood tests were and always have been normal,

http://Instagram: kate.recovers

4Healthy blood test results? Empty Re: Healthy blood test results? Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:22 pm

susannsk89

susannsk89

5Healthy blood test results? Empty Re: Healthy blood test results? Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:07 pm

oigunn

oigunn

Blood tests can look perfectly fine in the midst of an eating disorder, even if they are not fine at all. This is because during catabolism (= the body eating itself), the body produces a lot of cortisol (stress hormone). Av over-production of cortisol "fires up" the immune system and makes the immune system "strong" (this is temporary ofc, it is too damaging to go on for a long time). Also, when catabolism happens, the contents of the cells as released into our bloodstream ("when they are chewed open") which often makes bloodworks look good.

Sorry for my childlike explanation, I am not exactly a scientist and this is the best I can do Razz

http://www.sjokoladeilomma.blogg.no

6Healthy blood test results? Empty Re: Healthy blood test results? Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:46 pm

susannsk89

susannsk89

I thought your explanation was perfect Smile

7Healthy blood test results? Empty Re: Healthy blood test results? Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:56 pm

vacilliating

Thank you all so much! I was just confused...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum