Letsrecover recovery forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Letsrecover recovery forum

This is a trigger-free recovery help forum for those recovering from restrictive eating disorders, such as anorexia, bulimia, binge-restrict, overexercise or ednos.

You are not connected. Please login or register

still gaining

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1still gaining Empty still gaining Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:05 pm

carlyrobinsxo

Hi guys, I still have bad edema, pregnant belly, puffy face and extreme hunger. I have gained rapidly all through recovery (about 4 months) and today I reached my pre ED weight which means I have gained 4.5 kilograms in a week. My period still isn't back, I thought it would be by now and also, I'm scared I'm going to go too far past my pre ED weight because pre ED, I was already bmi 24.

http://mymoonandscars.tumblr.com

2still gaining Empty Re: still gaining Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:08 pm

jennysrecovery

you cannot gain 4,5kg of real bod weight in a week so most of it must be water weight, and your  probabl a couple of kgs under ur pre ed weight Smile

3still gaining Empty Re: still gaining Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:11 pm

carlyrobinsxo

Oh thank you hun, I'm doing so well, I don't even mind if I end up pre ED anymore, it's just this blooming pregnant belly and double chin I find difficult to cope with. I've been feeling bad because I see people struggling to eat minimums and I've had extreme hunger all the way through so I thought maybe I'd gain more and more quickly. Hope you are doing well, thanks for answering Smile xx

http://mymoonandscars.tumblr.com

4still gaining Empty Re: still gaining Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:33 pm

jennysrecovery

oh that's great! and the bloating etc will pass, remember your body has to repair a lot of damage, so you might even overshot your set point, but as long as you keep on eating that should be fine in a few weeks/months Smile and there is no such thing as gaining to quickly, the faster the better Smile but 4,5kg of real body weight is really impossible! Smile no problem xoxo

5still gaining Empty Re: still gaining Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:26 pm

oigunn

oigunn

True. It is impossible for humans to gain more than 200-300 grams of body weight per day. Anything above that is water retention and/or food in your stomach. Y'know, the body isn't able to magically turn lots of calories into muscle, fat or bone in just one day. This takes time.

Extreme hunger also does not happen for no reason. When it occurs, it means you need more energy for repairs, that you need to weigh a little more (whether that is 500 g or 5 kg), or both.
If you overshoot your weight in recovery, that overshot will go away and you will return to your set point weight without any restriction.
Some need an overshot in recovery in order to let the body even out muscle and fat mass properly. This is a good thing, and temporary too! Hang in there!

http://www.sjokoladeilomma.blogg.no

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum