Letsrecover recovery forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Letsrecover recovery forum

This is a trigger-free recovery help forum for those recovering from restrictive eating disorders, such as anorexia, bulimia, binge-restrict, overexercise or ednos.

You are not connected. Please login or register

water retention?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1water retention? Empty water retention? Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:15 am

Michislife

Hi!
I have a question. I think I have waterretention bc I feel so swollen and so on. But when I press on my skin I can't see something. Is it possible that there is water more inside of my body? And most of all I'm really recovering since half a year and I wonder if water could last so long?

2water retention? Empty Re: water retention? Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:56 pm

susannsk89

susannsk89

Water retention can come, and stay, at any time in recovery. Actually it will most probably happen after recovery as well, because that's what happens when your body needs to heal in some way Smile

3water retention? Empty Re: water retention? Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:07 pm

tortoise101

Hi Smile

I've been in recovery for a while now and i still get water retention and bloating etc. Water retention and bloating can happen even if you are a normal weight or a ''healthy person'' because it is a natural thing for the human body to do!

Most people find that over the course of the day, their bodies retain some water and get a little swollen (this happens to me everyday) but just reminding yourself that this is what the body naturally does and that nothing lasts forever can help. It will ease off and go away eventually!

Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum