Letsrecover recovery forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Letsrecover recovery forum

This is a trigger-free recovery help forum for those recovering from restrictive eating disorders, such as anorexia, bulimia, binge-restrict, overexercise or ednos.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How to increase? (TW calories mentioned)

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

healingme

I just started recovery after relapse and I've upped my calories from under 200 to 500 yesterday and today. I've been fine with 500 and in fact am very hungry on so little. Should I increase to say 800 tomorrow? What would be a good plan of increases? Does 400 cals every 3 days sound good? Thanks. x

susannsk89

susannsk89

It could be a bit too fast (usually it's recommended to increase 200-300 every third day). I had extreme hunger from the very first moment of increasing, resulting in a 2000 kcal jump in three days. I did not get sick, but we're all different. If you do increase faster, pay attention to any signals from your body and find help immediately if you feel any symptoms of refeeding syndrome. Good luck Smile

healingme

susannsk89, thank you so much for your reply! Yes it's weird how I seem to be hungrier now that I'm eating slightly more (though still on starvation amount). Honestly it's so scary to increase, but I feel that drawing out the process and increasing at an excruciatingly slow pace would only make it even more painful and difficult. I'll be careful to do it gradually though and not jump at once, and I'll watch out for any sign of refeeding syndrome. Thanks again! Hope you're well. xxx

susannsk89

susannsk89

It's like your body is thinking "hey , there must be some food around here again, so lets eat!" So yes, I understand that it excruciating to increase so slowly. You can increase faster, but just be very aware of any bad signals from your body Smile Stay strong, it's so worth the effort Smile

ultreia

200-300 every third day
Oups, I increase of 100 every 10 days....too slow ? and I am at 1200.

susannsk89

susannsk89

That's a bit slow. You should increase the speed a bit Smile

ultreia

I am so afraid that I will be sick or very uncomfortable

susannsk89

susannsk89

It may not be that hard if you include more energy dense food. Keep challenging yourself Smile

ultreia

thanks for your support, goodness knows how many support I need right now as I am so frightened

susannsk89

susannsk89

You're doing great Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum