Letsrecover recovery forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Letsrecover recovery forum

This is a trigger-free recovery help forum for those recovering from restrictive eating disorders, such as anorexia, bulimia, binge-restrict, overexercise or ednos.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Recovery and Injuries

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Recovery and Injuries  Empty Recovery and Injuries Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:15 pm

Katewright1995

Katewright1995

Since starting recovery I find myself getting injured a lot easier and a lot more often. At dancing I'm constantly straining ankles, twisting knees, popping hips out etc. I don't understand because I never used to get this at my worst and I'm confused because I thought recovery would make me stronger Crying or Very sad

http://Instagram: kate.recovers

2Recovery and Injuries  Empty Re: Recovery and Injuries Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:49 pm

susannsk89

susannsk89

I'm having a similar experience, getting sore much more easily and feeling symptoms of having a cold on everyday basis. I have been told that during recovery, your body is getting enough energy to successfully send out signal to make you relax, which it couldn't send out before. Maybe

3Recovery and Injuries  Empty Re: Recovery and Injuries Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:51 pm

susannsk89

susannsk89

Maybe this is why you get injuries more easily. Water retention can also make you feel more pain than normal.

4Recovery and Injuries  Empty Re: Recovery and Injuries Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:28 pm

jennysrecovery

I don't know why you have that but you really shouldn't exercise in recovery! It harms your body and muscles and you get less calories ://

5Recovery and Injuries  Empty Re: Recovery and Injuries Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:38 pm

susannsk89

susannsk89

I agree with jennysrecovery. You should not exercise. I know my body would not be able to take it as the pain I'm feeling is not due to exercise, but for instance wearing a different pair of shoes one day. That's enough to make my muscles sore. Your body is probably not any better at coping with exercise in revovery compared to mine. Relax and take care of yourself. When your body is sending you such strong signals, you should listen ❤

6Recovery and Injuries  Empty Re: Recovery and Injuries Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:58 am

susannsk89

susannsk89

One more thing, I promise that if you let your body heal now (resting and eating enough) you WILL end up with a stronger body when recovery is over

7Recovery and Injuries  Empty Re: Recovery and Injuries Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:07 am

Amalie

Amalie
Admin

This is not recovery's fault, but your eating disorder's.

http://letsrecover.tumblr.com

8Recovery and Injuries  Empty Re: Recovery and Injuries Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:40 pm

oigunn

oigunn

This is, like said above, about the signals. After a while of starving, the body has to start to eat itself. It will eat fat, muscle, bone, inner organs, and (reaching my point) myelin. Myelin is a "fatty sheath" that cover our nerves, protecting our nerves like rubber protects an electric cable. The myelin makes it possible for the nerves to communicate with eachother, because electrical signals flow better through liquids/fat/water. When myelin is removed due to the body eating itself, this causes a worsened nerve communication. Which again often leads to falling, spraining ankles, crashing, etc. It can be harmful! Not only does it make traffic a dangerous place to be, it also puts the heart in danger. The heart requires adequate electrical signals in order to contract properly. Basically your heart can stop.

Avoid exercise. You body needs rest and energy to reverse this.

http://www.sjokoladeilomma.blogg.no

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum