Letsrecover recovery forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Letsrecover recovery forum

This is a trigger-free recovery help forum for those recovering from restrictive eating disorders, such as anorexia, bulimia, binge-restrict, overexercise or ednos.

You are not connected. Please login or register

getting my period & infertility?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1getting my period & infertility?  Empty getting my period & infertility? Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:57 pm

Rachellondon

Rachellondon

I haven't had my period for 2 years now because of anorexia. I started recovery in December (5 months ago) but I still haven't gotten my period and I'm afraid I will be infertile for the rest of my life & I want a lot of children when I get older!! confused

2getting my period & infertility?  Empty Re: getting my period & infertility? Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:31 am

susannsk89

susannsk89

I've never heard on permanent infertility due to anorexia, but I may be wrong. But what I have understood, is that many do not get their periods back because their therapist or doctor make them stop gaining before they have reached their own set point weight (because they go over BMI 20, which many doctors thinks is some magical number or something).

I believe you will be just fine as long as you keep on gaining until your set point. You may also have to overshoot a little bit, but that will go away. Smile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum