Letsrecover recovery forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Letsrecover recovery forum

This is a trigger-free recovery help forum for those recovering from restrictive eating disorders, such as anorexia, bulimia, binge-restrict, overexercise or ednos.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bloating/Pain?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bloating/Pain? Empty Bloating/Pain? Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:20 am

Rachellondon

Rachellondon

Hiii! I have a few questions about bloating & pain? Ok so my first week of recovery I wasn't bloated that much but now I'm on my second week, HOLY COW... I am so bloated even when I wake up and its really stressing, is this normal?? And I get random pains in my stomach, more on the sides of my stomach has this happened to anyone else or is there a problem with me? Shocked

2Bloating/Pain? Empty Re: Bloating/Pain? Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:56 pm

susannsk89

susannsk89

Pain and heavy bloating in recovery is VERY normal Smile Continue eating, and it will go away.

3Bloating/Pain? Empty Re: Bloating/Pain? Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:39 pm

tortoise101

Hi Smile

I got pains in the side of my stomach in the early stages of recovery and general pain everywhere in my stomach as well... it is uncomfortable and distressing, but try to remember that these aches and pains will go and that if you continue to eat well and rest the pains will go and ease off, plus the bloating will eventually be less as well!!

Almost everybody i have ever met in recovery from an eating disorder has experienced bloating at the early stages of recovery, it is very normal to get long - lasting bloating, but again: if you continue to eat and rest your body will adjust itself and this bloating will ease off.
Remember though, that almost EVERYBODY gets bloating to some extent, so even people who are ''normal'' or people who are further on in recovery do get bloated because this is a normal thing for a human body to do!!

However, the bloating you are getting now is probably more uncomfortable than what a ''normal person'' would get because like i said earlier: your body is re-adjusting itself after a period of disordered eating or exercise habits.

Keep going, your doing great Smile these pains will ease off!!
Very Happy

4Bloating/Pain? Empty Re: Bloating/Pain? Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:52 pm

Rachellondon

Rachellondon

thank you so much guys, that makes me feel a lot better Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum