Letsrecover recovery forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Letsrecover recovery forum

This is a trigger-free recovery help forum for those recovering from restrictive eating disorders, such as anorexia, bulimia, binge-restrict, overexercise or ednos.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My Fitness Pal

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1My Fitness Pal Empty My Fitness Pal Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:51 pm

Katewright1995

Katewright1995

I was starting to accept my eating and my body but I thought I wasn't getting enough protein and fat so I decided to return to my fitness pal (aka the devil) now I'm just so triggered that I'm eating so much sugar and carbs and it counts fruits as carbs and I just feel ridiculously triggered and now my body image has plummeted and I feel really bad about my diet even though I felt good about it before. Do macros really matter?

http://Instagram: kate.recovers

2My Fitness Pal Empty Re: My Fitness Pal Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:05 pm

carlyrobinsxo

Macros dont matter in recovery. I think you may be falling in to the "healthy eating" recovery, you could get orthorexia from doing this as did I when I thought I was recovering healthily but all I did was make my mental problems worse because I became obsessed with clean eating. Recovery can take up to 18 months, you should use this time to eat whatever you fancy. Smile xxx

http://mymoonandscars.tumblr.com

3My Fitness Pal Empty Re: My Fitness Pal Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:02 am

susannsk89

susannsk89

I use my fitness pal too, just for the sake of easier calorie counting (not following a plan but making sure I eat enough). But the standard values of that app is bulls*** so don't take the numbers too seriously. And you may actually need more sugar now anyways. I know I am. A tip if you're continuing to use that app: change the values yourself manually and put weight gain as the goal so the stupid app doesn't keep nagging at you when it believes you are about to exceed your daily amount. It's a nice calculator, but it's really stupid otherwise!

Be confident that your body is capable of telling you what it wants Smile

4My Fitness Pal Empty Re: My Fitness Pal Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:10 pm

susannsk89 wrote:I use my fitness pal too, just for the sake of easier calorie counting (not following a plan but making sure I eat enough). But the standard values of that app is bulls*** so don't take the numbers too seriously. And you may actually need more sugar now anyways. I know I am. A tip if you're continuing to use that app: change the values yourself manually and put weight gain as the goal so the stupid app doesn't keep nagging at you when it believes you are about to exceed your daily amount. It's a nice calculator, but it's really stupid otherwise!

Be confident that your body is capable of telling you what it wants Smile

I have to say that I have the same problem than Katewright1995 but your comment really helped me too ; u ; It's a bit triggering app though very helpful at the same time.

5My Fitness Pal Empty Re: My Fitness Pal Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:13 pm

susannsk89

susannsk89

I'm so glad I helped Smile Merry Christmas everyone Very Happy

6My Fitness Pal Empty Re: My Fitness Pal Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:45 am

Amalie

Amalie
Admin

Tip of the year: DELETE MY FITNESS PAL! I am serious. It is devils tool. I remember writing in my goal as gaining 1 lbs weekly, and MFP suggested I should eat 800 LESS calories than I did. The problem? I needed 3000 to gain. If I cut down with ''only'' 500 calories, I would maintain. I can only imagine what would happen if I used that app... Deleting it was scary, yet it was so liberating. Don't worry too much about the macros, especially not protein. Apps and pages with the word ''fitness'' in it tend to overestimate proteins.

http://letsrecover.tumblr.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum