Letsrecover recovery forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Letsrecover recovery forum

This is a trigger-free recovery help forum for those recovering from restrictive eating disorders, such as anorexia, bulimia, binge-restrict, overexercise or ednos.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Child like body

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Child like body Empty Child like body Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:58 pm

Katewright1995

Katewright1995

I'm 19 now and have been suffering with anorexia since I was 13, so I basically missed puberty. It really upsets me that I have a really child like body TMI? especially my breasts, I know this isn't what recovery is about but it makes me really self conscious how flat chested I am and I'm almost weight restored. I know that it could be genetics but they are also very prepubescent in shape (kind of pointy?) the rest of my body and face for that matter is also child like. Is there any chance that my development has been stunted and my body might start to change even though I'm past puberty and 'developing age' or am I cursed to look like a 12 year old forever? Crying or Very sad

http://Instagram: kate.recovers

2Child like body Empty Re: Child like body Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:17 pm

susannsk89

susannsk89

Have you regained your period yet?

3Child like body Empty Re: Child like body Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:49 pm

Katewright1995

Katewright1995

susannsk89 wrote:Have you regained your period yet?

No Crying or Very sad

http://Instagram: kate.recovers

4Child like body Empty Re: Child like body Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:11 pm

susannsk89

susannsk89

Then, I would not worry if I were you Smile Your period will come back if you just keep eating enough, and then your hormones will come too (I would guess the hormones will come back a bit before your period). I went through what could be described as puberty during refeeding: my boobs were hurting and growing, mood swings, and thinking about my boyfriend a lot more (haha!) I would think you will get this too, if you just keep waiting Smile

5Child like body Empty Re: Child like body Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:10 pm

healingme

It's not too late. My younger sister has bad anorexia since 10 or 11 but she managed to get her first period at 18 after being placed on progesterone pill for a few days I think. She needed artificial inducement but it still showed her reproductive system was sufficiently developed and it was only low weight preventing the hormones from being secreted at right levels. As for your breasts, different girls and women have different sizes but as long as you give your body the nutrients it needs to recover they will grow. You're only 15 so you still have time, but you're also already 15 so you don't have time to waste either. Good luck, you can do this! xx

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum