Letsrecover recovery forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Letsrecover recovery forum

This is a trigger-free recovery help forum for those recovering from restrictive eating disorders, such as anorexia, bulimia, binge-restrict, overexercise or ednos.

You are not connected. Please login or register

sleeping problems

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1sleeping problems Empty sleeping problems Tue May 05, 2015 9:30 am

TinkerBell

I hope that I don't bother anybody, I've just asked another question in the "mental" part... Anyway, I am in recovery from anorexia (at the beginning) and here is my second problem:
I can't sleep at night. I mean, I am able to fall asleep, but I wake up in the middle of the night and then I am awake till the next morning. When I wake up I am really really tired (i've tried to read or watching TV but I am too tired) but I can't sleep... Does anybody knows this problem or has an idea what I could do?

2sleeping problems Empty Re: sleeping problems Fri May 08, 2015 10:32 am

susannsk89

susannsk89

Insomnia during recovery is quite normal. Try eating something, as it may be that your body is prioritizing nutrition over sleep.

3sleeping problems Empty The same problem Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:30 am

LilleMy

TinkerBell wrote:I hope that I don't bother anybody, I've just asked another question in the "mental" part... Anyway, I am in recovery from anorexia (at the beginning)  and here is my second problem:
I can't sleep at night. I mean, I am able to fall asleep, but I wake up in the middle of the night and then I am awake till the next morning. When I wake up I am really really tired (i've tried to read or watching TV but I am too tired) but I can't sleep... Does anybody knows this problem or has an idea what I could do?

I haven't exactly started my recovery yet, but working on it, but I got the same problem as you - I can't sleep either, so your not at least not the only one! Often I wake up and are hungry, and when I first eat, it actually help, so thats probably a good suggestion! I also try to do something that makes me sleepy, as ex read a book. And don't look at the time and use electric stuff as phone, computer and tv - that often make you more awake! Good luck, and hope you get to sleep!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum