Letsrecover recovery forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Letsrecover recovery forum

This is a trigger-free recovery help forum for those recovering from restrictive eating disorders, such as anorexia, bulimia, binge-restrict, overexercise or ednos.

You are not connected. Please login or register

overcome myself

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1overcome myself  Empty overcome myself Tue May 05, 2015 9:07 am

TinkerBell

Hello everybody =)
I suffer from anorexia and I am in recovery. I am soooo glad that I`ve found letsrecover. OMG it`s such a help for me and it gives me so much hope! Thank you!
But now to my problem:
I managed to increase my intake a few weeks ago (honestly it`s more than a month ago...) and at the moment I am eating about 1500kcal a day. I get used to this and it`s a kind of "my new habit". Now I want to increase more and more to finally reach the 3000kcal but I can`t overcome myself. It`s weird, between the meals I am so motivated. I plan my meals (with enough calories), I want to change everything and I really really want to EAT more. But everytime when I am preparing a meal or when I`m sitting at the table, my ED becomes sooo strong and I tell myself: "Okay, next meal, you`ll eat more. Not this time, because ....blablabla". I want to get out of this but I don`t know what to do...

2overcome myself  Empty Re: overcome myself Tue May 05, 2015 6:32 pm

badlab

Hello there! Congrats on the current increase. Every step forward is a step and is to be celebrated. I just wish I had great words of advice for you, but I am pretty close to the same situation as you are. I am staying around 1500 - 1800 calories a day and need to make the jump. We both know what to do and I have to be honest I have been stuck at this increased level for over 6 months already. DO NOT get stuck here as long as I have, it's not worth it. I met with my dietician today and really am focused on making the jump, for me it's to get 2400 calories a day (I'm over 25). I just have to do it and so do you. My dietician recommends making easy additions by switching out low calorie foods with higher calorie options, example: nut butters, butter, cheese, etc... I am really going to give it my all this week and would love if you would accept the challenge to join in and give it a try even if it is a day at a time. Good luck and I hope just knowing you are not the only one struggling helps motivate you to move forward. We have beautiful, wonderful examples of people that have already done it and accomplished it and are healthy and beautiful. We deserve the same and can do this! Best of wishes!

3overcome myself  Empty Re: overcome myself Wed May 06, 2015 2:11 pm

TinkerBell

Thank you for your amiable answer! It helps me a lot to see that I am not the only one in this situation. I think the tip with the higher calorie food could be very useful, thank you. And I am completely in this challenge. We both try to make this big step! I wish you the very best for this week!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum