Letsrecover recovery forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Letsrecover recovery forum

This is a trigger-free recovery help forum for those recovering from restrictive eating disorders, such as anorexia, bulimia, binge-restrict, overexercise or ednos.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What are your biggest reasons to recover?

+4
Cherry
Mea
jennysrecovery
i-chooselife
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

i-chooselife

i-chooselife

I have a long list of reasons that I need to recover, and sometimes when I'm not feeling it, I go back through my list and remind myself of why I started in the first place. I hope I'm not the only one who does this, haha.
What are some of your biggest reasons that you keep pushing through recovery?

Some of mine are:

To have a strong relationship with God again.
To be a good older sister.
Because I don't want numbers to control me anymore.
So I don't feel guilty about everything.
Because my ED took away too many of what could have been incredible memories and experiences. I want my life back,
So I can stop lying to my family and friends.
To inspire others with my story.
To enjoy family dinners, school clubs and events, holidays, etc. without being anxious about food.

http://i-chooselife.tumblr.com

jennysrecovery

Oh I actually had just one reason to recover and it's also the only one that keeps me going :/ I guess that's not really good^^ well the reason why I wanted to recover is being able to do my favourite kind of sport again (Prellball, but it's not very common). Oh and staying out of hospital but that's it Sad

I have to answer this question using the past - my main reason to recover WAS (and that might sound funny) being able to go back to school, to be at home again and to be with my cat again.
Now after recovery (or, better said, at the end of recovery) I see that there are more reasons to recover: it's like discovering life again. At the beginning of recovery I never thought I was able to be happy again. But I am now.
Reasons to recover? To learn how to handle life without restriction. To be happy. To laugh until your tummy hurts. To be able to concentrate in school, on your hobbies... and so on. I discovered my love for writing again and now I can focus on it for hours and hours <3

Mea

Mea

To live a life with a purpose.
To be happy and make others happy.
To do things that I love and love things that I do.
To accept myself.
To be able to laugh, eat, dance, travel and see beauty in every day life.
To not have my family and friends worried over me.
To make the most of my studies and become a passionate professional in my work field.
To eat candy without thinking twice.
To share food and eating with others and make it a normal and positive part of life.
To have a body that can carry me and maybe even children through life.
To enjoy love, relationships and sex.
To get to know myself.
To inspire others in recovery too <3

Cherry

Cherry

I want to recover, so that I can be a better daughter for my mom, supporting big-sister for my sis and a loving girlfriend for my hun. I hate it when I get distracted, upset or anxious cause of food-related thoughts and situations, and can't just simply enjoy the company of my loved ones. I also want to get rid of all the negative feellings about food and eating, and just be happy again Smile

di3loud

di3loud

I want to love myself the way I am.

I want to be me again and live my life at the fullest.

I want to have children and be a good mom.

susannsk89

susannsk89

I want to feel my emotions again. If you're not feeling anything, you're not feeling the bad things, but you're not feeling the good ones either. It's worth going through some cloudy days to be able to feel the sun in my face again.

ultreia

I do not have answers to the question "why I am anorectic?" so where is the point staying so....

Trying to refeed after 20 years starving myself to death started 3 days ago (but sick after each single meal ...sick and trow up....try to hold on)

Last edited by ultreia on Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:51 am; edited 1 time in total

oigunn

oigunn

ultreia would you please remove your weight from your reply above? This violates the forum rules. Wink

http://www.sjokoladeilomma.blogg.no

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum