Letsrecover recovery forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Letsrecover recovery forum

This is a trigger-free recovery help forum for those recovering from restrictive eating disorders, such as anorexia, bulimia, binge-restrict, overexercise or ednos.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How do I get over the "it's just one meal" mentality?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

i-chooselife

i-chooselife

I've been attempting to recover from a restrictive eating disorder for two weeks now.
Every single meal, I am so tempted to skip. I admit that I have skipped meals since I decided to recover, but I'm really trying. Before every meal, especially lunch (at school), I spend hours before trying to figure out if I should eat or not. My ED's biggest argument that almost gets me every time is "It's just one meal. It won't kill you if you skip it." How do I stop thinking like this? Any advice on how to fight against the voices telling me to skip "just one" meal?

http://i-chooselife.tumblr.com

Amalie

Amalie
Admin

What about trying to turn it around; it is only one meal. It wont ''hurt me''. I also recommend you to have planned meals and set meal times, maybe an alarm that says ''EAT''. Dont give yourself any options!

http://letsrecover.tumblr.com

Mea

Mea

I agree with Amalie. "It's just one meal, eating it won't kill you." <3 If you give in to your ED a little, chances are high that you will give into it more and more until you can't even talk about recovering for real. Every meal you eat is a VICTORY to you, and a kick in the butt for ED.

What I sometimes do is (sounds weird and creepy I know) imagine that my ED is sitting next to me when I eat, and I picture it as an old, bitter and unhappy person. Then I imagine offering that poor creature some of my pasta or ice cream Very Happy it always makes me laugh inside…

Eating is crucial for you to be alive and function, but also for you to really LIVE life. All the best for you dear! You have the power to change this thinking pattern!

Every action and descision you make is part of reinforcement training for your mind, body, hunger signals, etc. Every "one" meal you skip reinforces the idea that not eating is okay, and it is easier to skip "one" more, then another, and another. On the other hand, eat this "one" meal and reinforce the idea that meals are a normal, healthy part of your daily routine, and it's easier to eat the next "one"!

oigunn

oigunn

Mea wrote:What I sometimes do is (sounds weird and creepy I know) imagine that my ED is sitting next to me when I eat, and I picture it as an old, bitter and unhappy person. Then I imagine offering that poor creature some of my pasta or ice cream Very Happy it always makes me laugh inside…

THIS!!! cheers

http://www.sjokoladeilomma.blogg.no

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum