Letsrecover recovery forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Letsrecover recovery forum

This is a trigger-free recovery help forum for those recovering from restrictive eating disorders, such as anorexia, bulimia, binge-restrict, overexercise or ednos.

You are not connected. Please login or register

how to conquer fear foods?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1how to conquer fear foods? Empty how to conquer fear foods? Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:56 pm

Rachellondon

Rachellondon

my therapist & mom both agree that I need to have a day at least once a week where I eat a fear food (specifically non-vegan, because I'm a vegan). But the problem is I'm so scared. Does anyone have any advice to tell myself so I feel better?

2how to conquer fear foods? Empty Re: how to conquer fear foods? Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:04 am

I am sorry, but no. There is nothing I could say/do to make you feel better except that in order to overcome your fears, you have to eat them. It's simple (or hard) as that. You can either be too scared or just do it; the fear won't go away without eating your fear foods, over and over again.
Maybe tell your mom/friends about it and do it with them?
Conquer your fears! It will be worth it, I promise!

3how to conquer fear foods? Empty Re: how to conquer fear foods? Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:59 pm

Rachellondon

Rachellondon

you're right. thank you so much. I actually had a huge fear food yesterday, Ben & Jerry's half baked!! It was the fro-yo tho but I wanted to start off easy because of the anxiety tongue

4how to conquer fear foods? Empty Re: how to conquer fear foods? Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:33 pm

YAY! Smile I am happy to hear this! Step by step, you'll get there Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum