Letsrecover recovery forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Letsrecover recovery forum

This is a trigger-free recovery help forum for those recovering from restrictive eating disorders, such as anorexia, bulimia, binge-restrict, overexercise or ednos.

You are not connected. Please login or register

the more recovered I get, I get more depressed

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

jennysrecovery

I think the headline says it all^^ my therapist thinks it is bc there is so much new space to fill out... is this the common depression while having an ED bc the brain is fucked up or is this 'real' depression? I hate it Sad

PBoverBones

PBoverBones

Hunny i know what you are going through and its normal. I felt really depressed too and tbh i still do sometimes. But it gets better with time. Right now, you body is so starve that your brain doesnt work properly.. We tend to see things way more dramatic than they really are in reality, we lose perspective. And i think its part of recovery - we were so used to our ed that it become a part of our life, it almost felt comfortable since we were in control of everything. Recovery means doing the exact opposite of what our little ill brains told us to, and that hurts. A lot. So its okay to feel depressed, sad, to feel lonely, powerless, etc. Just remember that those are only feelings; they will pass. Just feel it, accept that you are having a shitty day and 'enjoy' every second of that feeling. It cant hurt you unless you give those feelings the power to

http://instagram.com/pboverbones

jennysrecovery

Ahh thank you! But I don't get why I'm still depressed as I have been weight restored since August I think and my BMI is over 20 now...

Amalie

Amalie
Admin

It is normal, as your ED numbs your feelings. You just have to give it time and care. Have you talked to a doctor/psychologist about antidepressants? They've helped me a lot.

http://letsrecover.tumblr.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]