Letsrecover recovery forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Letsrecover recovery forum

This is a trigger-free recovery help forum for those recovering from restrictive eating disorders, such as anorexia, bulimia, binge-restrict, overexercise or ednos.

You are not connected. Please login or register

BMI and Period?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1BMI and Period? Empty BMI and Period? Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:35 pm

annabianca

Hey fighters!
I know everybody is different, but at which BMI can I expect to get my period back?
My highest BMI (pre ED)ever was 20 (I already was 18 years old ).
So now I am at a BMI of around 18 and would like to know when most of ED girls gain their period back?
Read something about 19-20?! Is that possible?

Thank you for anwering♥️ Embarassed

2BMI and Period? Empty Re: BMI and Period? Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:37 am

susannsk89

susannsk89

Everyone us different Smile I know about people getting it back quite early, but also late. For me I don't really kniw because I'm on birth control pills, but I noticed that my hormone production was sparked after just three weeks of recovery (hot flashes, mood swings, thinking about boys etc.). I was quite underweight when I started recovery so I was surprised that I could feel the changes that early. It took about a month for the hormones to stabilize (the symptoms of "puberty" decreased).

3BMI and Period? Empty Thank you Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:08 am

annabianca

Thank you! I have got all of your mentioned symptoms, so I think it's good ! Smile
But one question... I didn't managed to eat more than 1700-1900 calories the last three days, because I was very sick and ill...so is that toooooo bad? I mean, now I am eating MM again, but have this three days any effect of my hormones or metabolism??! I am worried now...

4BMI and Period? Empty Re: BMI and Period? Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:16 am

susannsk89

susannsk89

Don't beat yourself up for not being able to eat that much when you're sick - it's normal. But yes, it may slow down the hormones, but it's not like it's not fixable Smile I actually got my hormones back after a weekend of extreme hunger (and followed it), so if you feel more hungry that usual, it's a good sign that your body may want to boost your hormones again (and also fix other stuff). You're doing great!

5BMI and Period? Empty Re: BMI and Period? Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:31 pm

oigunn

oigunn

annabianca, one day of restriction adds a few days to the total recovery process. That's about it. Nothing to worry about if you are back on track now  I love you

http://www.sjokoladeilomma.blogg.no

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum