Letsrecover recovery forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Letsrecover recovery forum

This is a trigger-free recovery help forum for those recovering from restrictive eating disorders, such as anorexia, bulimia, binge-restrict, overexercise or ednos.

You are not connected. Please login or register

It's like getting rid of an abusive boyfriend

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

susannsk89

susannsk89

So, I woke up this morning, feeling greater than ever! This was quite a surprise for me, as lately I've been going through a grieving process when it comes to my ED. Today, I completed 8 weeks of recovery, and up until now I've had a hard time saying goodbye to my underweight body and the feeling of being "ill". It's been a struggle since that has been my identity for so long. It's an unhealthy and miserable identity, but it still an identity. It's sort of like having an abusive boyfriend; it's a bad boyfriend but it's still a boyfriend that can make you believe that you have some value (hope I'm not stepping on anyone's toes here. I know it's not perfectly comparable, but I think you see my point).

Anyways, I'm done with the heart break and ready to start a new life without the destructive patterns - I have no regrets about leaving my ED behind.

LoveĀ  I love you

PBoverBones

PBoverBones

You should be really proud of yourself! Smile This is a HUGE step toward LIFE! I understand it may be scary at first to let the ed behind.. As you said, it was with us for so long that it seems to be a (huge) part of us. But its not. It's nothing else than an illness and we are NOT the illness. Life is 999999 times better once we get rid of our fears and its worth the fight! Anywoo.. Keep going, i'm proud of you! Smile

http://instagram.com/pboverbones

Amalie

Amalie
Admin

SO TRUE...

http://letsrecover.tumblr.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum