Letsrecover recovery forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Letsrecover recovery forum

This is a trigger-free recovery help forum for those recovering from restrictive eating disorders, such as anorexia, bulimia, binge-restrict, overexercise or ednos.

You are not connected. Please login or register

double chin

+2
DAISY_CRoWN
Michislife
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1double chin  Empty double chin Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:43 pm

Michislife

Hey guys! Since I'm fully weight restored (almost 3 months now) I have a double chin. It isn't only my own false view of myself it's real. Friends told me also about it. And I'm just hoping that it will pass bc it makes me feel ugly and I actually was happy with myself for a time so it ruins a lot. Can it still be waterretention? I've also drunk a lot of tea which will make you loose water and my belly is flatter now but not my face so I think it's fat isn't it? Do you have any experiences about that? Especially the period of time it will last? I'm so frightened it will last forever.
I hope I do not trigger anybody here!!
send you all my love Smile

2double chin  Empty Re: double chin Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:26 am

DAISY_CRoWN

DAISY_CRoWN

I'm sure it's one of 2 reasons: 1.Its Ana trying to change your perception 2. It's only temporary Smile hang on in there Hun! Xx

3double chin  Empty Re: double chin Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:49 am

jennysrecovery

I agree with @daisy_crown Smile i'm pretty sure it will go away Smile! Just give it time, your body has to repair a lot of damage! xx

4double chin  Empty Re: double chin Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:44 pm

carlyrobinsxo

I have this, it's edema and puffy face! I have it all over my body but especily my face and my stomach. Don't worry you're not alone! Your friends are rude for pointing it out, no offence. We will be double chin buddies ha ha! Smile hang in there xxx

http://mymoonandscars.tumblr.com

5double chin  Empty Re: double chin Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:03 pm

Mea

Mea

I get a puffy face often too Wink It's edema / bloating that occurs in recovery and sometimes in normal non-ed life too. Stop checking on it and constantly looking, it is pointless and makes you stressed over something that is really nothing.

6double chin  Empty Re: double chin Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:16 pm

oigunn

oigunn

It is most likely body dysmorphia and/or temporary water retention. But we also have to remember that double chins are normal. People have them, and go on with their lives. It is like stomach rolls - everyone gets them when leaning forward. It is like cellulites and stretch marks - the majority has them.
For a group of people that are very body-focused (us), we SEE "all the flaws" our bodies have compared to other people... No wait. Other people have the same amount of "flaws", we just don't see them. What do we see when we look at our friends? Do we see the double chins, stomach rolls, cellulite, stretch marks? Or do we see their beauty, their face, their eyes, their awesome style, their personality, their worth?
Just something to think about  sunny

http://www.sjokoladeilomma.blogg.no

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum