Letsrecover recovery forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Letsrecover recovery forum

This is a trigger-free recovery help forum for those recovering from restrictive eating disorders, such as anorexia, bulimia, binge-restrict, overexercise or ednos.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Anorexia in adulthood

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Anorexia in adulthood Empty Anorexia in adulthood Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:32 pm

Melbliss95

Hi

i'm Melanie, 34 years old from Paris, france, ex anorexic and mother of a wonderful girl of 6 years

I went ano from 20 et 30... very hard, I know exactly what sport addicted is, what fodd fear is... and still struggle

I know Youreatopia too, but never went enough brave to follow the rules... I'm still very thin, around 43 kilos for 1.63m, and have a lot of belly troubles (poor metabolism with poor digestion bloating ect..)

It would be very helpfull for me if yoy would kindly tell me your story in short, since you follow Youreatopia rules :
-since how long do you follow the 3000 cal/day?
- what was your weight when you begun
- how has it evolve... ect

evrything that can reassure me that i won't end up with an extra 30 kilos in a few weeks on MM guidelines Smile

thank you so much in advance, I really need to find the bravery to do it, most of all for my daughter, who needs an energetic and beautiful mum!!!

Mel

2Anorexia in adulthood Empty Re: Anorexia in adulthood Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:11 pm

susannsk89

susannsk89

First of all, many in this forum finds it very triggering with numbers so I would advise you not to ask for that. As for your question I started MM at the age of 25 having a very similar BMI to yours. I have been eating 2500+ (the guidelines if you're over 25 at normal height) for over 4 months now and my weight is starting to settle down. I'm not mentioning specific numbers but I can assure you that I'm not anywhere near gaining 30 kg. Yoyare probably not going to gain that much either, but some do as their bodies are ment to be thag way, which is fine. But no matter what weight people end up with, their brains accept it as soon as they reach their set point. It like something changes chemically in the brain - if the body is happy then the brain is too. I know you can find courage to do this and as you said, it would make an excellent example for your beautiful daughter Smile

3Anorexia in adulthood Empty Re: Anorexia in adulthood Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:29 pm

Melbliss95

Thank you for your reply
Here in France, it so hard to find some Help
Nutritionnistes told me to eat 1500 cal/day and exercise 30 mins each day
Moreover, all my blood results are good, not for the calcium too much apparently
Anyway, Thank you

4Anorexia in adulthood Empty Re: Anorexia in adulthood Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:36 pm

susannsk89

susannsk89

Many nutritionists are wrong. Next time someone tell you to eat that little and exercise during recovery, ask them why. Show them the research done and then have them explain again why. I bet they can't. Also, blood tests a OFTEN good for anorexics, even for anorexics on their death beds! So that doesn't tell you anything really. The only thing you can do is to listen to your body. Any signs of starvation means that you need to increase to the minimum for you age and height. I hope you choose happiness for yourself, because you deserve that Smile

5Anorexia in adulthood Empty Re: Anorexia in adulthood Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:47 pm

susannsk89

susannsk89

About the high calcium levels in your blood: a quick google search confirmed my suspicion - it may be a sign of osteoporosis WHICH IS A VERY DANGEROUS CONDITION. If I were you I would have my bones checked out by a medical doctor to see if that's the case. This is very serious and give you even more of a reson to increase your intake.

6Anorexia in adulthood Empty Re: Anorexia in adulthood Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:26 pm

Melbliss95

Thanks you So much dear Suz
God bless you, at last Someone answer me the way i was deeply thinking too
Thanks you Again angel

7Anorexia in adulthood Empty Re: Anorexia in adulthood Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:29 pm

susannsk89

susannsk89

It's my pleasure Smile Be good to yourself <3

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]