Letsrecover recovery forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Letsrecover recovery forum

This is a trigger-free recovery help forum for those recovering from restrictive eating disorders, such as anorexia, bulimia, binge-restrict, overexercise or ednos.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Questbars really taste bad!

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Questbars really taste bad!  Empty Questbars really taste bad! Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:51 pm

susannsk89

susannsk89

During my restriction I sometimes used to eat questbars as treats on Saturday nights or similar (seriously disordered,  I believe), and I really was looking forward to that because I thought they were so delicious. I've been in recovery for 3 months now, and yesterday I tried to eat a questbar again and I really had no chance in h*** of finishing it. It really disgusted me!! I take this as a good sign that my symptoms of starvation are going away Smile

2Questbars really taste bad!  Empty Re: Questbars really taste bad! Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:07 pm

PBoverBones

PBoverBones

Haha the same happened to me two weeks ago. I had near 120 questbars in my room (yeah, i used to hide my food o.O) and i put them all in the trash. Same for the Walden Farms '0 cals' products. Such artificials 'ingredients'.. its probably really bad for the body tho! Nobody should eat something that has nothing else than protein powder and chemicals

http://instagram.com/pboverbones

3Questbars really taste bad!  Empty Re: Questbars really taste bad! Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:19 am

I'm so glad I didn't try them! Until today, I really don't know why everybody seems to eat them? I mean, what's with them? It's not like they turn you healthy all in sudden or make you never crave chocolate again (I don't want to know how MANY captions à la "Look at these CHUNKS!" I read!)... weird. Just weird. I don't think I'll ever get this.
I prefer my Oreos, chocolate, apple pie,... with sugar. At least I don't have to pay $2.39 per piece (just looked the prices up - wow!).

4Questbars really taste bad!  Empty Re: Questbars really taste bad! Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:09 am

susannsk89

susannsk89

I'm looking forward to eating real chocolate now Smile It's so worth it even though I'm lactose intolerant. It won't kill me, it's just a bit annoying sometimes (mostly for the people around me, haha).

5Questbars really taste bad!  Empty Re: Questbars really taste bad! Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:36 am

Amalie

Amalie
Admin

Haha oh my god, I can relate! I did not try Quest bars when I was ill (but I would probably have loved them), but I did try a bite this summer... It tasted HORRIBLE. If I want chocolate, I'll have chocolate, not some crappy, labratory made replacement.

http://letsrecover.tumblr.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum