Letsrecover recovery forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Letsrecover recovery forum

This is a trigger-free recovery help forum for those recovering from restrictive eating disorders, such as anorexia, bulimia, binge-restrict, overexercise or ednos.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Extreme hunger though "normal" weight?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Extreme hunger though "normal" weight? Empty Extreme hunger though "normal" weight? Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:46 pm

Astoryoffreedom

I have a weight in the normal range. If it is my set point weight, I honestly have no idea since I have battled with anorexia since I was around 8 (now 23).
Though my concern is that I experience extreme hunger. So "extreme" that it actually gets me sick. Like last night, I had chocolate and ice cream for dinner because that is what I felt like, but then I was awake for hours during the night with extreme tummy ache and acid reflux ( I will also mention that I have not had chocolate or diary for over 2 years, so it may also be related to that). I will be honest and say I am scared of gaining "too much". No matter what that is haha. But is it normal to have extreme hunger even though I am not underweight? Can I really trust it and can I really always eat as much as I want? Even when i am weight restored? (I know a lot of this is ED talk but it is so rooted in my mind because I grew up being told these things. It helps me to hear other peoples output so I am not alone with this silly voice).

Thank you for your time and help! Smile

Astoryoffreedom

P.S I probably eat around 5000 cals a day with the extreme hunger. Is that normal when you have a "normal" weight already?

PBoverBones

PBoverBones

YES IT IS NORMAL. It doesnt really matter if you are - or not - underweight. A starved body is a starved body and it needs to repair the damages, no matter for how long it was starved/undernourished. If you are experiencing extrem hunger then its the proof that you were eating too little and your body needs loads of yummy ice cream and chocolates to heal itself. And no, you wont have extrem hunger for the rest of your life, it will pass ONLY if you listen to it every single time! xox

http://instagram.com/pboverbones

4Extreme hunger though "normal" weight? Empty Re: Extreme hunger though "normal" weight? Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:25 am

Astoryoffreedom

Thank you for your reply! I will munch away Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum